World Waterfowl Callmaker Contest
Welcome to the 3rd Annual World Waterfowl Callmakers Championship (WWCC)
We are excited to bring the best call makers from around the world to showcase their skills in the art of call making.
This year we look to up the game all while attempting to level the playing field. How are we going to level the playing field? How about no preconceived thoughts or expectations from a judge when they pick up your call. How can this be you ask?
For 2021 ALL calls will be from the same material AND other than length, be the same shape. That’s right call makers….every duck and goose call will look the same!
The WWCC is proud to announce that Deadshot Polymers and Webfoot have joined us in making 2021 100% unique. Deadshot will be providing all of the acrylic for both duck and goose. Webfoot will then machine blanks to send to each call maker that has registered. Call makers will then simply add their internals and trim to length.
So, this year everyone will have an equal chance to showcase their sound. Because this year it is 100% all about SOUND. No fit and finish points this time around, Sound reigns supreme in Easton both on the calling stage as well as the call makers tables.
This year we have also eliminated the different categories. There will be only a duck division and a goose division. Again, we are wanting to focus solely on sound here and believe this is the best approach and fairest to achieve that goal.
So, review the rules, ask any questions, and register to compete and build the best sounding call you can!
3rd Annual World Waterfowl Call Makers Championship
Hunting Duck & Goose Call Competition
2021 Rules and Announcements
I. General Hunting Duck & Goose Call Competition Rules
A. ALL call makers ARE REQUIRED TO PRE-REGISTER ALL CALLS they plan to enter in the 2021 competition
- The pre-registration deadline for all entries is August 1, 2021. NO EXCEPTIONS! This allows us the ability to get a full count of parts needed to ship to each call makers.
- Mail all entries to:
WWCC41202 NC 740 HWyNew London NC 28127
- It is the callmaker’s responsibility to place acceptable insurance value on the entry for shipping purposes. The WWCC will not be responsible for any loss or damage to entries that are beyond the control of the contest.
Registration for EACH call entered is $50
- ALL calls will be returned to the maker.
Each call received will be mailed in an individual USPS flat rate box regardless of the number of entries one makes.
- We welcome international call makers. Returned shipping will be handled on a one-on-one basis.
B. NO calls may be presented on a display or in a case.
C. NO calls will have ANY defining engraving or markings upon them. If the officials of the Championship determine that the outside shape has been changed in any way, that entry will be disqualified without refund.
- No company names, logos, designs, or anything that can be considered identifying markings are allowed on the outside of the call.
- MAKERS CANNOT CHANGE THE OUTSIDE SHAPE OF THE CALL
- Please see Working Duck calls or working goose calls for more information.
D. Entrants may enter as many calls that they wish.
E. Awards will be as follows:
World Call Makers Championship Call Maker of the Year Duck
1st Place – World Championship Ring, Trophy, $500
2nd Place – Trophy
3rd Place – Trophy
World Call Makers Championship Call Maker of the Year Goose
1st Place -World Championship ring, Trophy, $500
2nd Place – Trophy
3rd Place – Trophy
Award monies are subject to increase, but will not decrease.*
F. Winners of the 3rd Annual World Waterfowl Call Makers Championship will be announced LIVE in-between rounds of the World Waterfowl Calling Championship on Nov 13th, 2021.
II. Rules and Judging Criteria
5 JUDGES WILL BE SELECTED FOR DUCK AND 5 FOR GOOSE BY THE WWCC BOARD OF DIRECTORS.
- All Judges selected will meet the criteria of being fully capable of running the calls within the class they are selected for. All judges will be extremely proficient at running calls in a traditional FIELD calling scenario.
- WWCC reserves the right to remove ANY judge prior to the start of judging if the WWCC officials feel a judge is not capable for ANY reason.
- Call scoring will be based on 10 items with a scale from 1 to 10 (1 being the lowest and 10 the highest) on each item with a maximum score of 300. The highest total individual judges score and the lowest total individual judges score will be eliminated. The three remaining scores will be added to achieve the score for said call with a total of 300 being the maximum.
- All calls will be inspected prior to placement on the judging table to ensure that each call has not been modified in a manner as to let the operator know said maker.
Working Duck Calls
- All duck calls will be made from the same acrylic provided by Deadshot Polymers. They will all have the same outward shape so that a judge can not tell who the maker is. No exterior markings may be added to the call.
- Each call maker will be sent a pre manufactured insert and barrel blank for each entry. You can choose between a taper lock design or an O-ring fit design.
Makers are not allowed to change the exterior shape of the barrel or insert in any way.
- The barrel length may be shortened ONLY from the end which the insert goes in and NOT the mouth end.
- The insert length may be shortened at the end of the bell area and to the end of the tenon only.
- Inserts will need to be drilled, exhausts added, and tone boards cut by the call maker.
Judging Criteria: Quality of quack, quality of low end, quality of mid-range, quality of high end, quality of transitions, quality of feed, quality of speed, ease of use, quality of sound reproduction, and overall impression.
Working Goose Calls
- All goose calls will be made from the same acrylic provided by Deadshot Polymers. They will all have the same outward shape so that a judge cannot tell who the maker is. No exterior markings may be added to the call.
- Each call maker will be sent a pre manufactured insert and barrel blank for each entry.
- Makers are not allowed to change the exterior shape of the barrel or insert in any way.
- The barrel length may be shortened from both ends HOWEVER we ask that you reduplicate the mouth angles as close as to what you received to be fair to all participants.
- The insert length may be shortened from both ends HOWEVER the ends must be cut so that they are at 90 degrees.
- Makers may adjust tenon areas to allow for their guts.
- Makers may add any and all bores to the barrel and the insert.
Judging Criteria: Quality of honk, quality of low end, quality of mid-range, quality of high-end, quality of moan, quality of transitions, quality of speed, ease of use, quality of sound reproduction, and overall impression.
Entries are now closed! Thank you for applying!
WWCC reserves the right to modify/amend rules at any time.