World Waterfowl Calling Championships
The Premiere Calling Championships in the World.
Putting the Duck and Goose back into Duck and Goose Calling.
Competitors are immersed in the language of the incredible waterfowl of the region, competing against each other the for coveted title of World Champion. Callers from all around the world come to Easton once a year to showcase their skills and hope to be immortalized in the history books of Championship Calling. Many of the industry’s leaders in waterfowl calling and hunting have gotten their start on the calling championship stage at the Waterfowl Festival. The World Championship Goose Calling Championship ®, founded in 1976, is the longest running goose calling championship in the United States. This Championship has single-handily changed the shape and face of the goose calling and waterfowling industry! Prize packages range from $5,000 to $12,000 in cash and prizes thanks to all our Corporate partners.
With audiences of 600+, five championships and incredible prize packages on the line, the stage is always set for an exciting evening. The beauty of Easton’s championships is the level playing ground. Anyone, novice or master, can blow. The World Waterfowl Calling Championships bring in judges from all the flyways, to have representation from across the country.
All the callers on our stage showcase their incredible abilities to operate a duck or goose call. However, our live championships stress that all callers must replicate the sounds of actual ducks and geese. The callers are instructed to not go outside the realm of natural sounds of ducks and geese. By leveling the playing field, any and all callers are urged to participate. This championship is not about who can operate a call the best, but who sounds the best in the field!
Friday, November 12- 10 a.m. – Noon – Registration for all Competitors (at Easton High School Auditorium)
- 11 a.m.: Judges & Callers Meeting – Senior Division * A meeting for all the callers and judges to give their input on the contests, scores and how to improve the sport for the following year.
- 12:30 p.m.: Preliminary Rounds begin (Senior Divisions)
- 12:30 p.m. World Championship Team Goose Calling Contest
- 2:00 p.m. World Championship Team Live Duck Calling Contest
- 3:30 p.m. World Championship Live Goose Calling Contest
- 5:00 p.m. World Championship Live Duck Calling Contest
- 6:30 p.m. World Championship Goose Calling Contest
Saturday, November 13 – 9-11 a.m. Registration for Junior competitors (at Easton High School Auditorium)
- 10:30 a.m. Judges Meeting – Junior Division
- 11:00 a.m. Preliminary Rounds begin (Junior Divisions)
- 11:00 a.m. Junior World Championship Live Duck Calling Contest
- 12:15 p.m. Junior World Championship Goose Calling Contest
- 2 p.m.: FINAL ROUNDS (Please note, there is no bus transportation after 5 p.m.)
o World Championship Live Duck Calling Contest – Junior
o World Championship Goose Calling Contest – Junior
o World Championship Team Goose Calling Contest
o World Championship Team Live Duck Calling Contest
o World Championship Live Goose Calling Contest – Senior Division
o World Championship Live Duck Calling Contest – Senior Division
o World Championship Goose Calling Contest – Senior Division
6-10 p.m. Sportsman’s Dinner & Celebration
Easton Elk’s Lodge. Tickets $50.
LIVE Location: Easton High School
723 Mecklenberg Ave.
Admission: Preliminary Rounds (Fri & Sat) – FREE;
Finals (Sat. eve) – FREE with Festival admission or $10 per person